Saturday, November 29, 2014

On the road again...

Hello Friends,

Happy late Thanksgiving! I am currently on a train pulling away from Kingston, Rhode Island on my way back to school. I can't believe Thanksgiving break is almost over, nor how long this train ride is, nor how many more times I will have to do it in the future. I must say, however, that I don't think I've ever been more glad to be back home. I guess three months away from home does make you miss it, no matter how much you wanted to get away in the first place. It was great to see my parents, grandparents, dogs, and New York again, and I had so much good food I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to eating dining hall food. I actually really do enjoy Thanksgiving break because I think it really is just enough time to recharge before finals, but not too long that you get too comfortable or your family drives you crazy. Speaking of finals, I can't believe the semester is almost over! It all passed by so quickly, I don't even know what I've been doing for the past three months. Ahh, crises...

In other news, I am now officially an adult! While I am sad that I was not adopted by any of you and also that I am no longer a child, I guess adulthood also has its advantages. Although, I have recently been notified that you now have to be 21 to buy cigarettes. I feel like I've been cheated :( Anyway, my birthday was overshadowed by a much bigger event, the annual H-Y game, which we of course won. I missed the good part, I've been told, because I left at halftime due to the extreme cold and my resulting crankiness. I must admit, it was a pretty lonely birthday, especially for one that was supposed to be my introduction to adulthood. But no matter, because the next day my entryway threw a "surprise" birthday party for me, which I kind of figured out and made them wait for an hour....but long story short, it was a good birthday. Apparently my parents missed me so much that they bought a giant teddy bear to fill my seat at the table and sang "Happy Birthday" to it...Not sure if I should be flattered or creeped out...

I hope everyone's Thanksgivings were good, and that everyone has safe travels on their way back to their respective campuses. I'm not sure if that made grammatical sense, but I've sat for a total of about 10 hours going home and back, so I think I should get a break for my brain cells to recover...

Love Always,
Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment