Howdy,
This past week has been filled with a boat load of things, so many activities, so many things happening. It has been a little overwhelming, but we must plunge forward.
Let's begin. Well this past week I started watching Korra. Yes, I know I am late, but you guys know I am not good with the popular culture things. The important thing is that I am watching it now. I am only in the first season so no spoilers. Oh and yes I am loving it, it is fabulous, Korra kicks butt and Pabu needs to be my best friends.
Okay this might not sound too exciting, but I got a library card. It has mountains on it and it is plastic and shiny and I used it to check out Harry Potter. Again late to the party, but I'm doing it. So many gaps are being filled in in my understanding of Harry Potter. Or rather we are doing it. A friends of mine has decided to take it upon themselves to read the book to me. It's great. We spent a whole afternoon together reading it and eating chocolate. I feel bad about occupying so much of my friends, but I am really enjoying it for now so we will see where it goes. Also did you know Hagrid's feet are the size of baby dolphins!
This past Friday, some of you may be aware, was all night trivia. It was simultaneously the best and worst experience of my life. It was crazy and fun and stressful and I loved it and hated it and wow yeah so fun. So it started at 10 pm and me being the punctual person that I am I went o the agreed meeting place for our team (my entry) and to my surprise no one was there! SO I ran upstairs to my room to launch the game. The trivia was part an on air radio show and part online. On the on-air component the hosts would ask a question and then play a song. you then had the length of the song to both answer the question and name the song and artist in a chat room. Every hour there are fifty or so questions you have an hour to complete usually with a theme. Also every hour there is a video trivia component where you have an hour to complete a video response to a prompt. Every four hours there are 200 or so question released that you have four hours to complete. AND to top it all off every hour a clue for the ultra bonus is released and the sooner you guess that the more points you get. So that being said a lot had to be set up prior to the game starting so I was shocked to be all by my lonesome. So I set it up and in 15 minutes the team had assembled, thank God. The evening was like a dream filled with highs and lows in moral and sobriety (other peoples). The trivia ended a 6 am and we ten stayed up another two hours to hear the results and celebrate. As a team of honest, rule abiding freshmen we tied for fifth place out of 42 teams! We were just hopping to make top twenty and we are top five. We rocked it! We also won a miss congeniality award of sorts for best video responses getting a 7 out of 6 (that is not a typo).
Here are two of the best (in my opinion):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeKtEB1VZoI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypy25A11sAI
Our team name was Murder She Scrote. I don't think I can explain it. Sorry guys.
This past week I also have been deliberating over who I am going to live with in the coming year. A group of people I have been sort of friendly with all year invited me to live with them. I wasn't really sure how to take it. First of all, it is kind of early. So it kind of came out of the blue. Second of all, I wasn't entirely sure they all really liked me. One thing I have learned since coming to college is that I am very bad at reading people. So I didn't know how to take it. I worried about just being a space filler. In the end I said yes, but I am still unsure. It is early and worst case scenario I can back out and enter the housing lottery alone. I wish I could just parade them in front of you guys and have you tell me whether or not they actually like me. Better yet, I wish I could just live with you ;).
In some more upbeat news I baked for the first time since going to college. Let me say this, it was the most rachet baking I have ever done. We lacked measure tools, a mixing bowl, mixing tools, a kitchen for a small period of time, but I persevered and made some darn good chocolate chip scones for an entry tea party.
Ugh it is winter study so that does mean there has been studying. Stained glass tiling has turned out to be more work that I thought it would be. So much cutting so much painting so much soldering SO LITTLE TIME! I would like to state for the record I only got three cuts, and they were nothing a hello kitty band-aid couldn't fix. Class sometimes feels like a sweat shop, but the people are nice. Also the class is making me realize how much I appreciate craftsmanship I my art. Attention to detail, thoughtfulness and good execution are what I find matter most to me in my artwork. I think that is what this course has taught me.
Well I hope you all are settling back in to your respective campuses nicely and I will see you on the interwebz.
Unicorns, Rainbows, and Puppies,
Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment