Saturday, October 4, 2014

No More No More

Guys, I know, I have been a bad egg, a very bad egg. In fact, I give you permission to throw eggs at me. I have been busy, and have had a lot going on, but I am not going to get into it. I have noticed I have done a lot of complaining lately, so in an effort to make things better I want to focus more on the positives.

Okay, so I am still doing fencing even though it is foil and it is super awkward. The good news is I am getting better! At first I felt terrible, like I used to be a pretty okay fencer, and I had been reduced to this horrible feeble infantile state of fencing. Like I said things are getting better.

Overheard on the Strip:

      "Jordan, your footwork on the attack is really beautiful."

      "Wow, you're picking up the blade-work really quickly."

      "You are definitely starting to look like a Foilist."

I also found someone on the team who understands my Pizza John shirt.

Positive:

Last weekend the concert choir went on a retreat and I learned to do this....kind of...


Positive:

I went to a party and it wasn't terrible. I wasn't good, but it wasn't terrible and that is a start.

Positive:

I went and saw a play last night for my physics class. It is called Copenhagen and i focuses on the relationship between Neils Bohr and Werner Heisenberg, both of whom played large roles in developing atomic theory and the atomic bomb. Science aside, it was just like a really great play. I feel like I'm just not describing it well. I dunno, check it out dudes.

Positive:

Yesterday was Mountain Day! So, classes were canceled (giving me a desperately needed break), and we go to go out into into nature and eat apple cider donuts and fresh apple cider. Guys, I went on a three mile hike.Up a mountain (it was actually vertical at some points). And Nature didn't eat me. I am not the penguin of the forest; I am the penguin of the mountain. HEAR ME ROAR! um yeah the hike down was another story, but like I said, positives!



I have been missing you guys bunches and bunches. A group Skype is definitely in order. I keep having moments where I think oh remember this time and I want to share it, but wait none of these people were there. I like while on the mountain , I don't remember in what context, I said something about a "three part take down" and no one laughed and I was sad. It is things like that that make me miss you guys. It is like there is this whole secret history that nobody here knows.

Hope all is rainbows and Donuts

Best Wishes,

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment