Friday, October 3, 2014

Love Love



Hi girls,

I need to make this short and sweet, but I wanted to write since I haven't in a while. I've been so incredibly busy. People are right, CU is a challenge. These past weeks have been prelim weeks, or rather mini-midterms or massive unit tests worth 1/4 of your grade. I had bio earlier this week, which I did well on, but am going to argue for more points, and I also had calc, lets not talk about that....The one thing that I don't really like about it here is the grading. It's not about how well you do, it's about how much better you are than everyone else. So the mean of my bio prelim was a 71, ( It was a 38 question test so that means they got 10 wrong) so my professor curves that to a B. I got a 82 (which I am going to argue because his data makes no sense....but that's another story) so I'm 11 points above the mean, so I get curved to like a B plus. You would think I would be happy. But no...people drop the course, so your never safe from the mean increasing and you getting screwed over. So the method is, as my biology professor says "do better than everyone else so your grade won't be affected". So basically even if you do well the first test, your prelim score can change by the end of semester due to people who drop the course, or drop their first prelim (that's a whole other story).  I don't like the idea of my grade changing, not based on my own efforts, but based off of everyone else. I'd like to keep my 82 and improve (well...it's not an 82 I'm going to argue...) and I don't like the idea of my grade fluctuating throughout the semester because it is beyond my control. And then on top of it, every intro bio class has a fixed mean of a B-, so yeah....It's very frustrating, I don't like all the competition. But despite my whining, I am IN LOVE with my biology class.

I am so sorry for complianing about grades. But this is literally been going on for the past 2 weeks and I'm freaking out about the end of the semester.

I'm taking a lot of intro courses this semester so nothing else really sparks my fancy... I am going to pick up a global health minor next semester which should be awesome.

So I quit club field hockey. That lasted long right? I was getting back to my dorm room at 10 pm nearly every night and staying up until 2 getting work done. No thanks. I am in a club called globe med which is partnered with an organization in Guatemala and promotes adequate health care down there. Last year they had a water-filter project, this year we're fundraising for stoves for large families and water filters. I am also a part of the pep band.

I love my hallmates. At first I felt a little left out because they all seemed so close, but now we're all buddy buddy with each other. Last week we watched the Godfather Part 1 (well they watched part 2 but I had to study). I must say it is a good movie.  Today I am going with a few of them to this thing called Apple Fest downtown. It is basically a festival for apples. My roommate isn't coming though. She's going with the guys on our floor to see Boyhood, I want to see it too. We get along she and I, I don't think we'll ever be close, she seems to prefer hanging out with guys more than girls. Whatever, we're friendly and all that matters is that she isn't a pain in the butt, which she's not. I like her.

Oh, so my hallmates and I as of now are being the Spice Girls for Halloween. I am going to be Baby Spice. Haha. The idea was inspired by my original idea to be Sabrina the Teenage Witch, or just someone from the 1990's. Its the best decade. Duh.

What are you guys going to be for halloween?

How are you guys doing? I really miss you. We should all have a massive-skype conversation one of these days I've talked to most of you but it would be great to all get to catch up some.

Uh. On a funnier note, or rather me complaining again. I have decided that I don't like having lab partners. I MISS YOU JULIET YOU WERE THE BEST LAB PARTNER I EVER HAD! TAKE ME BACK.

okay.

I've run out of things to say.

Oh

I've started saying bae.

pls. help.


K-Bizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment