Friday, September 12, 2014

Continued thoughts from the sick bed

Dudes I am sorry this is late, but I figured I since I am not the only one and because I am sick again, I could have a pass and be a day late.

"Sick again!" you say.

Why, yes, dear friends I am sick again. I got over my cold and had like a solid 32 hours of healthiness, but now I am sick again. With a stomach bug (potentially food poisoning). I feel yucky and I don't want to go anywhere or do anything, but the show must go as they say.

Aside from experiencing waves of nausea and stomach pain and gong to class or the health center I have not been doing too much. This week was the first full week of classes, so that was interesting. I think I am happy with all my classes.  I was a bit worried about math because I'm in a course for people who have already taken BC calculus, but I think I can manage, it will be my only truly hard course this semester. Physics is good, English is good, well, a little slow, but good (Hackley prepared us so well for English. I'm definitely going to rock this class). Drawing is pretty chill; it is weird having homework in it though, so that is something  I have to get used to. So far work is not crazy bananas too much, but I'm sure it will get there eventually (I'm so sorry you are drowning in reading Kyla, send some to me, I can read it).

Speaking of work, I have started working, like working at a job, like my first real job. I work at the library services desk of our science library, making cash money yo! But yeah, so far so good with the job, a lot of orientationing. The people I work with are nice, quiet, but nice. Also I get to do school work on the job so that is a plus. It is where I will do all of my major reading assignments.

In other news, I have joined the fencing team. Who would have thunk? Me, on a college fencing team. The real reason I am taking it is that none of the other PE classes fit into my schedule, so fencing it is. I had my first practice Wednesday, and the team seems nice. It is really laid back and we have a lot of beginners, so we are spending a lot of time acclimating them. Unfortunately, my legs are still sore from practice Wednesday, apparently doing nothing all summer is bad for your fencing muscles.

I also have auditioned for and been accepted in to the concert choir. It was nerve racking, but I think it will be worth it in the end. I decided against a capella, too scary, too intense.

I am also in the creative writing club. Wow I am doing a lot of stuff. We had our first meeting last night, and it seem to be just a group of people looking to support each other in their writing. They seem cool and also super talented, and I can't wait for our first writing retreat ( we get to go into the woods and Walden pond it up!).

Socially...ummm not doing so hot. I mean I have been like a leper being sick and all. I have been trying to be friendly...,but no one has really reciprocated (Where are the people who I am supposed to be friends with hiding?). I have been a little lonely. I dunno, I guess I will have to get used to it. I have enough things to keep me busy, so I guess friends can wait?

Wishing you all happiness, butterflies, and unicorns,

Jordan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment