As you may have guessed from the title of this post, I am sick :( Now let you tell you this, being sick in college is super sucky. *When you are sick in college you still have stuff to do and you still have to go places. Today is the first day of classes and I still have to go to them and I still have to sign up for clubs and gym and try to be social and to make friends. There is no one to take care of you and you can never just be alone and to get to the health center you have to shuffle over two miles of hills. I'm feeling yucky and I just want to go home guys, so any good vibes you could send my way would be greatly appreciated today.
Being sick was not the only thing I did this week. This week we went on our orientation trips! I did one called where am I and we got to explore our surrounding area. I eat dinner with a family in town, I went to a garlic festival (white chocolate cherry garlic fudge is pretty good), I was a farmer, I went to the lake, I ate a Vermonster (20 scoops of ice cream, 4 bananas, 4 ladles of hot fudge, 3 chocolate chip cookies, 1 chocolate fudge brownie, 10 scoops of walnuts, 2 scoops each of 4 toppings of your choice, and whipped cream), ate some decent pizza while looking at a most beautiful view of the purple mountains, and to end it all I went to a barn party where I danced it up to some jazz from the 20's (my finger dance was super appropriate). The trip was really great and I kind of wish the people in my orientation trip were my dorm mates. I got to be on the path to friendship with some of them, and I haven't really reached that with anyone in my dorm.
This week has also been full of parties, which have been debaucherous to say the least. I took a walk to the basement to see what was going on, and I took one look and immediately went back upstairs to the safety of my room. My roommate on the other hand has been on the prowl for parties, coming back to the dorm until two in the morning, every night. I dunno no judgement, but hey it would have been nice if that was a question on the roommate questionnaire.
This week was also the academic expo. So apparently now I am going to be an engineer. Some how I ended up at the pre-engineering meeting and now I am on that track, who would have thunk. I mean I am still considering a major in studio art or English, and I just had my first art class today, but I am definitely looking into physics more seriously. Yeah, so developments.
Today is the club fair, so I'm going attempt to drag myself out of my bed for that. I am thinking of joining the fencing team, especially since no gym classes fit in my schedule. I out some other things, the creative writing club, maybe some a capella, I dunno.
Wishing you the best, specifically, the opposite of this.
Sincerely,
Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment