Hello Friends,
I was walking to class one morning this week and was startled to discover that the leaves have started changing color. I have been so engrossed in my own bubble that I didn't even notice that fall is here! It was a beautiful day today, and despite the fact that the end of September means that midterms and first major assignments are rolling around, I took some time to sit outside and do some pleasure reading (it was amazing, I highly recommend you all do this before it is too late!)
As I am typing this, I am also trying to plank, and my efforts are unsurprisingly unsuccessful as I am horribly out of shape, so please excuse me if I don't sense as it is most likely due to a lack of blood flow to my brain. Yay exercise.
Life this week has been pretty uneventful other than the fact that I am consistently going to bed past 3 and waking up (or trying to wake up) at 9 (but being unable to get out of bed until around 9:40). I've also been eating a lot late at night, which is why I am trying to work out at 11:40 at night. I'm still struggling with the procrastination issue, and talking to friends is so much more fun, and so I often don't finish work, which I thought I could catch up on during the weekends but thus far have been quite unsuccessful (anyone notice a trend?) Math p-sets are especially taking me a long time, I probably would be hysterical at this point if it weren't for my TA's office hours. I love him to pieces <3
I'm also getting involved in community service! I'm part of a program that brings dogs to nursing homes to spend time with the residents, and my first trip was yesterday. It was a lot of fun, and while it made me miss my dogs like crazy, it was therapeutic for me to spend time with the dogs. I think the dogs are a nice way to help more reluctant residents warm up to us and have conversations with us. Although it was pretty sad to be in such a dreary and tired environment. Tomorrow I am getting up bright and early at 8:15 to go to another nursing home to spend time with Alzheimer's patients, and apparently we are going to an Alzheimer's walk before that. I'm not sure I'll be able to wake up, so wish me luck guys!
Finally, our friend GC came to visit me yesterday with her family! It was really nice to see her, I missed her a lot and her siblings are adorable :) We had Korean food (which I was actually starting to crave), and I showed her my room (not sure if I'm allowed to do that, but oh well). I'm sad she had to leave so soon, but I think she liked it, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
I'm sorry this is pretty short, but my week was pretty uneventful, and I do have a lot of work to catch up on (and maybe I can squeeze in some exercise).
Love you bunches! Hope you all are doing well and avoiding getting sick! (although Jordan you have already been plagued, sorry)
Juliet
No comments:
Post a Comment