Saturday, August 16, 2014

"Is this real life?"

I hope we all get that reference, because that video was excellent. Or at least excellent in that the quote, "Is this real life" is equally applicable to a variety of unrelated situations. Like when you're still loopy from anesthesia like David or about to move to college in two days like me. Eep! 

Friends, as you all know I am a serial procrastinator. But this is getting serious- I am still not packed and I leave Monday!! And so naturally, I continue to ignore the problem and have been watching Grey's Anatomy (shoutout to Kyla) religiously...and now I'm writing this post. 

First, Jordan, deep breaths. I know exactly how you feel, and the physical discomfort is growing stronger and is rapidly becoming harder to ignore as the hours fly by. It also may have something to do with the fact that I have no idea what classes I'm taking, and I'm supposed to sign up for freshman seminars beforehand, and the other day they decided to assign us 40 pages of reading to complete before we move in (which is the 25th officially). Way to go, HU/C (still not sure how I should refer to it, though they seem to stress the C). 

In any case (sorry, getting derailed again), I think we all (this might actually just be you and me Jordan) need to relax. Like you said, JJ, college IS supposed to be the best four years of our lives, and I think worrying about it so extensively takes away from the experience. Live a little (yes, I did just type that) and enjoy the moments while they're happening. Also, don't worry about the diversity thing. You do you, that's all anyone can ask (and in my opinion, that's more than enough). You aren't anyone diversity factor or anything like that, and if anyone tries to make you the resident POC (although I doubt that's likely), you set them straight. Speak up for yourself! You're whoever you want to be, and you can't be labeled or told who to be by anyone else. Fun fact: If you worry about making friends you're going to be more awkward and thus have a harder time making friends. Relax and BE YOU. They'll take you as you are or they don't deserve to have you as a friend. I think I speak for the rest of us when I say we are honored to be your friends. 

And Kyles, I agree, the jeans thing is throwing me off. It keeps hitting me like, "Wait, whoa, I can wear normal clothing? I can roll out of bed and to class? Sweet!" #iwokeuplikethis#flawless(#sorrynotsorry) And thank you for the reassurance and for the minifridge tip :) <3 Don't let them middle schoolers pull you down! Also, can we be workout buddies? MOTIVATE ME  because standing and sitting around all day has made me fat and I need to exercise and you are one of the most motivated people I know. plz halp (like adopt me plz, get it?) 

Sorry for being all over the place guys, how unpacked (?) I am is actually making me really anxious. I really think all this procrastinating and agonizing over my stupidity is going to give me an ulcer one day. 

I miss you guys so much it hurts! I hope to see your pretty faces often via Skype? 

Let's hope I can actually pack in the next 24ish hours.

Looking forward to a week of scrubbing toilets and crossing my fingers that I don't scare off any potential friends, 
Love always, 
Juliet 

No comments:

Post a Comment