Sunday, August 24, 2014

The first 3 days.



Hi My Loves,

So here I am, at CU! I’m so excited and nervous. It’s so intense, and big, and wonderful here. I moved on Friday during the midafternoon and met my roommate AC. She’s pretty chill, except for the fact that she’s a BIG drinker, more than she led on, we’ll talk more about that later. But she’s really nice. I’ve realized over the past couple of days that you don’t need to be friends with your roommate, or even your hall mates, you just need to be able to get along.  Other than last night, we haven’t really hung out, which is okay, because we talk when we’re in the room. My hall mates are nice, I’m under the impression that they, for the most part, like to party, and some smoke; which I don’t do.
Orientation:
We’ve had a lot of free time. Each college has its own set of events that are scheduled from Friday to Monday. Today I don’t have anything at all. So this girl that I met at dinner last night wondered around campus from like 9am until around 12 pm, got tea and talked. It was fun! I SAW ROBERT LINK! He was moving in his sister on west campus. 

But yeah, back on activities. We had this thing called Cornell Essentials last night where we watched this video on the consequences of plagiarism. Like it gets put on your record, and they tell like grad, law and med schools about it. So it basically follows you forever…well, when you’re applying for a professional school.
I’m quite nervous about my classes. I’m taking 17 credits and they really stressed the fact that you’re not going to get A’s, which makes me sad. I’m also so excited about starting classes and having a routine.

Social:
Yeah. There are so many people here I was really overwhelmed at first. My roommate found a group of people right away and like was so enthusiastic about it, I kind of felt like “whoa, why aren’t I meeting people I click with”. But it takes time. I happened to meet this girl yesterday walking back from marching band auditions and went to dinner with her and her friends, and walked around with one of the people I met this morning, while we were looking for our orientation event that wasn’t really happening today.

I also experienced my first frat party. I hate it. All the drunk people, the pot, I was like freaking that I had inhaled too much second hand smoke. I went with my roommate and a couple of people she had met, and they all for the most part got shitfaced (excuse my language). It was not fun. One other girl didn’t drink either, but the others were incapacitated and we had to find food for them. But they made some pretty shitty decisions, involving drinking mysterious liquid from a trash bad that I heard had pot in it. At CU, if you want to party you can but I’m glad I met a few people who aren’t really into that type of stuff, because honestly it wasn’t fun.

I’m so excited for marching band. I’m thinking of joining volunteer group and amnesty international as well.

I really miss you guys. I’m kind of like, why do I need to make new friends when I have you, but you’re so far away. I’m so sad to be away from you guys, you really made Hackley amazing.

Till I type again,

1 Billion Hugs and Kisses

-Kyla

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I also heard there was crack.

    Okay.

    I'm officially scared.

    ReplyDelete