Monday, August 18, 2014

The Times They Are A-Changin

So as we all know, we are about to undergo a huge change in our lives. We are going away from home (Juliet and Jordan, WE DONT HAVE WEEKENDS ANYMORE) and were not really coming back for months on end. For me, it wouldn't be a big deal...I mean I like being out in the world, but here's the kicker: IM GOING TO MIDDLE OF NOWHERE PENNSYLVANIA!!!

Now, I'm nervous for all the normal reasons. I mean sometimes I go nuts, whether its going full on ghetto, squealing for someone to love me or wrapping myself around people in order to show my love (which my mother recently described it as a confining embrace reminiscent of jail), I'll admit it: I'm crazy. No, I'm not confident...its just rigid posture, imposing wedges and a regular facial structure that says "I'm cute and cuddly....but I'll bite if provoked". I'm scared that people won't understand that and push me away. I'm scared that I won't have any friends. I'm scared that its all gonna be so hard that I lose my scholarships and I'll have to return home as a disgrace. I'm scared that my laziness will get the better of me and I'll end up a bum on the street. I'm scared of getting pregnant and dying (#abstinence #meangirls).

But most of all....I'm scared of nature.

Those of you who heard of my experiences with nature know that it is a scary thing and that I belong in my beloved concrete jungle where I can walk to the nearby bodega/C-town and grab that pint of Ben and Jerry's that I want at that moment without a second thought. But that's about to change. I am about to be plopped in the middle of nowhere...a good half hour from ANY DECENT CIVILIZATION!! I don't even know if I'll be able to adapt to that.

Now its time to calm down and get to the nitty gritty...
I have maybe five classes in my beautiful schedule: Perspectives, Writing and Thinking, Intro to Journalism, Intro to Religious Studies, and Acting: Stanislavsky Method. Earliest class is 9:00 and latest is Acting, which ends at 4:00.

I got into my second choice residence hall, which doesn't really bother me...I mean they all look the same. My roommate and I have been texting since August started, and we seem to get along well so far, and from our conversations we're probable going to have the longest story time in recorded history.

I move in in 3 days (yes this post is very late). I am nervous as all heck but I gotta smile, nod and be happy :)

You guys doubt yourself, but let's be real. You're all awesome and great and you're gonna make great friends in your respective colleges. I have faith in you guys...and I always will.

Love and kisses,
Back straight, Boobs out,
Your lovely,
Marisa <3


No comments:

Post a Comment