Saturday, August 9, 2014

Greetings!

Hello Friends!

I have the distinct honor of posting first, but this also indicates the sad truth that I will be the first to leave. :( I hope this post finds you all well! (Jordan I hope you have made it home safely with your legs still attached). I most likely will not be able to see any of you before I leave (I can't believe it) and so I wish you all the very best whilst packing/loading/traveling/unloading for college!

Today I went shopping for college with my dad (I know what you all are probably thinking right now: Why on earth would you do that?) and unsurprisingly, it was very frustrating and unfruitful. We could not agree on anything, and long story short, I only got a chair to show for my troubles, and even that I might return so...yay. Not gonna lie, one of the things I'm most looking forward to at college is the freedom. Sorry Mom and Dad, but I think it will be great for both of us if we're away from each other for a while. But it still seems surreal that in 9 days (9 days!!??) I'm going off to college. WHAT? There are still seminars to apply to, stuff to be bought, handbooks to be read, and calculus to be studied, but summer has disappeared in a blur, and I'm feeling a little panicky as move-in day closes in.

Despite the major downer that I wasn't able to see you guys more than once or twice, this summer has been awesome. I decided that teaching is not for me (tutoring was exhausting), but I got some major insight into the medical field, and now I am more confident than ever that this is the path for me. Although the smaller details I am not so sure of. Like what classes I want to take in the fall, and what I want to concentrate (major) in. Which actually are pretty big decisions. Oops. So while I don't know whether I want to concentrate in Biomedical Engineering or Molecular and Cellular Biology, I have been considering whether I think I can be a surgeon or an emergency medicine physician. So, while my order is messed up, I turn to my closest friends for an answer: Do you guys think I have what it takes to be either of those things?

This summer I also got to meet a lot of incredible people from diverse backgrounds, and not only have they inspired me to think critically (yeah sorry, the corniness will be over soon) about who I am and how I am molding my future self, but also got me excited about moving on in my life and taking that next step which is college. Before I think I was mostly apprehensive, but now I feel genuinely excited to be starting this next chapter of my life. I just really wanted to share this with you guys because I can feel myself changing and growing, and I'm not sure where it will lead me, but I trust that it'll be where I'm meant to be.

Whoa, that was deep haha. Finally, ROOMMATE UPDATE!
I'm living in a suite with 3 other girls, and I think thankfully we have our own bathroom and common room. One is from Indiana, one's from D.C., and the other is from Virginia. Two of them are interested in physics and Comp Sci, and the other I haven't been able to reach yet :( The two I've spoken to seem very nice, and from casual stalking on the book of faces, seem to be up to cool things. I'll keep you posted.

That's it for now, I can't wait to hear from you guys!

Until next week, when it will be T-2 days,
Love always,
Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment