Deep breathing has been necessary.
As well as a couple of yoga breaks.
And there has been consumption of cake, on a grand scale.
But now I think I am ready to go. We have spent yesterday and today packing and I think we finally have got it all. Packing is weird. You have to go through everthing, collect everything. All of your stuff, box it, bag it, and there it is. All of you, in a trunk. It's weird, right?
I feel like I place a lot of power in our things. They become a part of me, a part of my still forming identities. Like in my room I have made the conscious decision to display magazine clippings, old movie ticket stubs, articles, some of my favorite records. Why? Because I like them; I look at them and say "hey that is something I like, and I want everyone who looks to see that. " It's weird. You want to know me, just look at my walls, but now they are bare. All my little scraps and bits tucked in folders and boxes. All my clothes, ugh, most of my clothes, are all in giant bags and suitcases, and I'm worried. Will I be able to construct my room, my space, myself at this new place? I don't know, and it is the not knowing that bothers me the most.
This post is late, and now I am in the car, on my way to the W and this is also weird. To get there we take almost the same path we take to get to almost canada, but about half way up we veer off to the right and plunge into a new state entirely. It's weird this mixing of old and new. How can something so familiar, just suddenly turns into something different? Again, it is the not knowing that bothers me.
I don't know.
I don't know.
Sincerely,
Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment